Dried papaya is a type of dried fruit that is made from fresh papaya. Papaya is a tropical fruit that originated in Central America and was introduced to other parts of the world by Spanish explorers. Papaya has a sweet and juicy flesh that ranges from yellow to orange in color. To make dried papaya, fresh papaya is peeled, sliced, and dehydrated until it becomes chewy and leathery. Dried papaya can be eaten as a snack or used in various recipes.
Dried papaya has many nutritional benefits that make it a healthy choice for anyone who loves fruits. Dried papaya retains most of the vitamins and minerals that are found in fresh papaya, such as vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, potassium, magnesium, and calcium. Dried papaya also has some advantages over fresh papaya in terms of shelf life and portability. Dried papaya can last for several months if stored properly and can be easily carried around as a convenient snack.
In this article, FruitBuys Vietnam will explore the various benefits of dried papaya for your health, weight loss, and enjoyment. We will also share some tips on how to store dried papaya properly and how to choose the best brands of dried papaya available in the market. Finally, we will show you how to make your own dried papaya slices at home and how to use them in different recipes.
I. Dried Papaya Nutrition: What You Need to Know
Papaya is a tropical fruit that has a sweet and juicy flesh with black seeds. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, potassium, and antioxidants. Papaya can help improve digestion, boost immunity, lower inflammation, and prevent infections.
But what about dried papaya? How does it compare to fresh papaya in terms of nutrition and health benefits? In this blog post, we will explore the nutritional value of dried papaya, how it differs from fresh papaya, and what are some of the health benefits of eating dried papaya.
Nutritional Value of Dried Papaya
Dried papaya is made by removing the water content from fresh papaya using heat or air. This process preserves the fruit for longer storage and makes it more convenient to eat as a snack or add to recipes.
However, drying also affects the nutritional composition of papaya. According to NutritionValue.org, a 160-gram serving of dried papaya contains:
- 472 calories
- 1.3 grams of fat
- 2 grams of protein
- 121 grams of carbohydrate (108 grams of sugar and 7.2 grams of fiber)
- 0.3 grams of saturated fat
- 0 milligrams of cholesterol
- 99.2 micrograms of vitamin A
- 51.8 milligrams of vitamin C
- 1.1 milligrams of iron
- 86.4 milligrams of calcium
- 774 milligrams of potassium
As you can see, dried papaya is high in calories, sugar, and carbohydrates compared to fresh papaya. This is because drying concentrates the natural sugars and reduces the water content that makes up most of fresh fruit.
On the other hand, dried papaya also retains some vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are beneficial for health. For example, vitamin A is important for vision, skin health, and immune function; vitamin C is essential for collagen synthesis, wound healing, and antioxidant defense; iron is vital for red blood cell production and oxygen transport; calcium is crucial for bone health and muscle contraction; potassium is key for fluid balance and nerve transmission.
Comparison of Dried Papaya vs Fresh Papaya
To get a better idea of how dried papaya compares to fresh papaya in terms of nutrition, let’s look at the values per 100 grams (about half a cup) for both types:
|Nutrient||Dried Papaya||Fresh Papaya|
|Fat||0.8 g||0.3 g|
|Protein||1.3 g||0.5 g|
|Carbohydrate||75 g||10 g|
|Sugar||67 g||8 g|
|Fiber||4 g||2 g|
|Vitamin A||62 mcg||47 mcg|
|Vitamin C||32 mg||61 mg|
|Iron||0.7 mg||0.3 mg|
|Calcium||54 mg||20 mg|
|Potassium||484 mg||182 mg|
Source: NutritionValue.org , Healthline.com
As you can see from the table above,
- Dried papaya has more than six times as many calories as fresh papaya per weight.
- Dried papaya has more than seven times as much sugar as fresh papay
II. Dried papaya benefits
Papaya is a tropical fruit that has a sweet and juicy flesh. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, fiber, and various phytochemicals that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Papaya can be eaten fresh or dried, but drying it can help preserve its nutrients and extend its shelf life.
Dried papaya has many health benefits that can improve your well-being and prevent diseases. Here are some of the main benefits of dried papaya:
A. Rich in antioxidants
Antioxidants are substances that protect your cells from oxidative stress caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage your DNA, proteins, and various membranes, leading to chronic inflammation and diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and cardiovascular problems.
Dried papaya is a good source of antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, lycopene, flavonoids, and phenolic acids. These antioxidants can scavenge free radicals and reduce oxidative stress in your body. They can also enhance your immune system and protect you from infections.
B. Boosts immune system
Your immune system is responsible for fighting off pathogens and foreign invaders that can cause diseases. It depends on various nutrients to function properly and efficiently.
Dried papaya can provide you with some of these nutrients such as vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, zinc, iron, copper, selenium . These nutrients can support the production and activity of white blood cells (WBCs), which are the main components of your immune system.
Vitamin C also has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties that can help prevent or treat common colds and respiratory infections. Vitamin A can help maintain the integrity of your mucous membranes (such as those lining your nose), which act as barriers against pathogens.
C. Promotes digestive health
Your digestive system is responsible for breaking down food into nutrients that can be absorbed by your body. It also helps eliminate waste products and toxins from your body.
Dried papaya can help promote digestive health by providing you with fiber . Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that cannot be digested by your body but can feed the beneficial bacteria in your gut (also known as probiotics). These bacteria help produce short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs), which have anti-inflammatory effects on your gut lining.
Fiber also helps regulate bowel movements by adding bulk to stool and softening it. This can prevent constipation or diarrhea. Fiber may also lower cholesterol levels by binding to bile acids (which are made from cholesterol) in your intestines and excreting them out of your body.
Dried papaya also contains an enzyme called papain , which helps break down proteins into amino acids. This may facilitate digestion and absorption of protein-rich foods such as meat or eggs. Papain may also have anti-inflammatory effects on your stomach lining by reducing acidity levels.
D. Helps maintain healthy skin
Your skin is the largest organ in your body that protects you from external factors such as sunlight, temperature changes, infections, and injuries. It also regulates body temperature, water balance, and sensation.
Dried papaya can help maintain healthy skin by providing you with antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin A, beta-carotene, lycopene, flavonoids, and phenolic acids . These antioxidants can protect your skin cells from oxidative damage caused by UV rays, pollution, smoking, and aging . They can also stimulate collagen production, which is a protein that gives structure and elasticity to your skin .
Vitamin C also plays a role in wound healing by facilitating tissue repair and prevent infection . Vitamin A helps regulate skin cell growth and differentiation and prevent dryness and scaling . Lycopene may protect against sunburn by absorbing UV light and reducing inflammation . Flavonoids may improve blood flow to the skin by dilating blood vessels and enhancing oxygen delivery . Phenolic acids may have anti-microbial effects on acne-causing bacteria.
III. Dried Papaya for Weight Loss
If you are looking for a delicious and nutritious snack that can help you lose weight, you may want to consider dried papaya. Dried papaya is a tropical fruit that has been dehydrated to preserve its shelf life and enhance its flavor. It has many health benefits that can support your weight loss goals, such as being low in calories and fat, high in fiber, and suppressing your appetite. Here are some of the reasons why dried papaya can be a great addition to your diet:
A. Low in Calories and Fat
One of the main factors that affect your weight loss is your calorie intake. To lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit, which means burning more calories than you consume. Dried papaya can help you achieve this by being low in calories and fat. According to , one ounce (28 grams) of dried papaya contains only 67 calories and 0 grams of fat. This makes it a much better choice than other snacks that are high in calories and fat, such as chips, cookies, or candy.
B. High in Fiber
Another factor that affects your weight loss is your fiber intake. Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that cannot be digested by your body. It helps you feel full and satisfied after eating, which can prevent overeating and cravings. Fiber also supports your digestive health by adding bulk to your stool and easing constipation.
Dried papaya is high in fiber, which can help you with both aspects of weight loss. According to , one ounce (28 grams) of dried papaya provides 3 grams of fiber, which is 12% of the recommended daily intake for adults. This means that eating dried papaya can keep you fuller for longer and improve your bowel movements.
C. Suppresses Appetite
One of the challenges of losing weight is controlling your appetite. Sometimes, you may feel hungry even when you have eaten enough food or when you are not physically active. This can lead to overeating or snacking on unhealthy foods that can sabotage your weight loss efforts.
Dried papaya can help you suppress your appetite by providing natural sweetness and satisfying your taste buds without adding too many calories or sugar to your diet. Dried papaya also contains an enzyme called papain, which helps break down proteins in your food and makes them easier to digest. This can reduce bloating and gas that may cause discomfort or hunger pangs.
Additionally, dried papaya contains antioxidants such as vitamins A and C , which may help fight inflammation. Inflammation is a condition where your body’s immune system reacts to harmful substances or injuries by producing chemicals that cause swelling, pain, redness, or heat. Inflammation can also affect your appetite by interfering with hormones that regulate hunger and satiety. By reducing inflammation with dried papaya, you may be able to control your appetite better.
Dried papaya is a tasty and healthy snack that can help you lose weight by being low in calories and fat, high in fiber, and suppressing your appetite. It also has other benefits for your overall health such as improving digestion, fighting inflammation, and boosting immunity. You can enjoy dried papaya on its own or add it to salads, yogurt, granola, or smoothies for extra flavor and nutrition. However, be careful not to eat too much dried papaya as it may contain added sugar or sulfites that can increase your calorie intake or cause allergic reactions respectively. Also, remember to drink plenty of water when eating dried fruits as they may dehydrate you due to their low water content. As always, consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet especially if you have any medical conditions or allergies.
IV. How to Make and Enjoy Dried Papaya Slices
Dried papaya slices are a delicious and healthy snack that you can make at home with a few simple steps. Dried papaya is rich in vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and enzymes that can aid digestion and boost immunity. Plus, it has a sweet and tropical flavor that can satisfy your cravings without adding too much sugar to your diet.
In this blog post, I will show you how to make dried papaya slices using an oven or a dehydrator, and share some ideas on how to enjoy them as snacks or desserts.
How to Make Dried Papaya Slices
To make dried papaya slices, you will need:
- A ripe papaya
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A baking sheet or a dehydrator tray
- Parchment paper (optional)
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- Wash the papaya well under running water and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Peel the papaya with a sharp knife and cut it in half. Scoop out the black seeds with a spoon and discard them.
- Cut the papaya into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick. You can also cut the slices into smaller pieces if you want to use them for trail mix or granola later.
- If you are using an oven, preheat it to 135°F/57°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. If you are using a dehydrator, set it to 135°F/57°C as well.
- Arrange the papaya slices on the prepared baking sheet or dehydrator tray in a single layer, leaving some space between them for air circulation.
- Dry the papaya slices for 7 to 15 hours, depending on how thick they are and how chewy you want them to be. Check them every hour or so and flip them over halfway through for even drying.
- The dried papaya slices are done when they are pliable but not moist. They should have a leathery texture and a deep orange color.
- Let the dried papaya slices cool completely before storing them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks, or in the refrigerator or freezer for longer shelf life.
Dried Papaya Snack Ideas
Dried papaya slices are great on their own as a snack, but you can also combine them with other ingredients to make them more interesting and nutritious. Here are some ideas:
Dried Papaya and Nuts
One of the easiest ways to enjoy dried papaya is to pair it with nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios, or cashews. Nuts add crunch, protein, healthy fats, and minerals to your snack mix. You can also add some seeds such as sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds for extra fiber and omega-3s.
To make this snack mix more flavorful, you can toss the nuts and seeds with some spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, or ginger before roasting them in the oven for 10 minutes at 350°F/177°C.
Then, mix them with the dried papaya pieces and store them in an airtight container.
Dried Papaya and Yogurt
Another way to enjoy dried papaya is to add it to yogurt for a creamy and tangy treat. Yogurt is rich in protein, calcium, probiotics, and vitamin B12, which can support your bone health, digestive health, and immune system.
You can use plain yogurt or flavored yogurt depending on your preference. You can also use Greek yogurt for more protein or plant-based yogurt for vegan options.
To make this snack more delicious, you can drizzle some honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar over the yogurt and sprinkle some granola, coconut flakes, or chocolate chips on top.
Dried Papaya and Granola
One more way to enjoy dried papaya is to add it to granola for a crunchy and satisfying breakfast or snack. Granola is made of oats, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners that are baked until golden brown.
Granola is high in fiber, carbohydrates, and antioxidants, which can provide you with energy, fullness, and protection against free radicals.
You can make your own granola at home by mixing:
- dried fruits
- coconut oil
- vanilla extract
- and salt in a large bowl
V. Dried Papaya Candy
Dried papaya candy is a delicious treat that can satisfy your sweet tooth and provide some health benefits. Dried papaya candy is made from ripe papayas that are peeled, cut into chunks or strips, and cooked with sugar until they become candied. The result is a chewy, fruity snack that has a tropical flavor and a vibrant color.
A. Types of Dried Papaya Candy
There are different types of dried papaya candy available in the market, depending on how they are processed and flavored. Some of the common types are:
- Unsulfured dried papaya: This type of dried papaya candy is made without adding any sulfur dioxide, which is a preservative that prevents browning and microbial growth. Unsulfured dried papaya has a natural taste and color, but it may not last as long as sulfured ones.
- Sulfured dried papaya: This type of dried papaya candy is treated with sulfur dioxide to preserve its color, texture, and shelf life. Sulfured dried papaya has a brighter color and a softer texture than unsulfured ones, but it may also have a slight sulfurous odor or taste.
- Sweetened dried papaya: This type of dried papaya candy is coated with additional sugar or syrup to enhance its sweetness and flavor. Sweetened dried papaya may have more calories and carbohydrates than unsweetened ones.
- Flavored dried papaya: This type of dried papaya candy is infused with artificial or natural flavors to give it a variety of tastes. Some common flavors are lemon, orange, pineapple, coconut, mango, ginger, chili, chocolate, etc.
B. Nutritional Information
Dried papaya candy is rich in vitamin C, which can boost your immune system and protect your cells from oxidative damage. It also contains vitamin A, which can support your vision and skin health. Additionally, dried papaya candy has fiber, which can aid your digestion and lower your cholesterol levels.
However, dried papaya candy also has some drawbacks. It is high in sugar, which can raise your blood glucose levels and contribute to weight gain if consumed in excess. It also has low amounts of protein, calcium, iron, and other minerals that are essential for your body’s functions.
According to the USDA FoodData Central database, one ounce (28 grams) of sweetened sulfured diced dried papayas contains:
- Calories: 97 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 25 g
- Sugars: 22 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 0 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Vitamin C: 35 mg (39% DV)
- Vitamin A: 66 mcg (7% DV)
C. Best Ways to Enjoy Dried Papaya Candy
Dried papaya candy can be enjoyed as a snack by itself or mixed with other nuts, seeds, dried fruits, or chocolate chips for a trail mix. You can also add it to your breakfast cereals, oatmeal, yogurt, or smoothies for a burst of flavor and nutrition. Moreover, you can use it as an ingredient for baking cookies, cakes, muffins, or breads for a tropical twist.
Dried papaya candies can also be used to make homemade jams, sauces or chutneys to complement savory dishes like cheese platters, sandwiches, salads or roasts. Different ways,
you can rehydrate it by soaking it in water or juice for an hour or more,
and then use it to make pies, puddings, ice cream or sorbets for a refreshing dessert.
Dried papaya candies are versatile, delicious and nutritious. It can add sweetness, color and texture to your meals and snacks.
However, you should consume it in moderation and in balance with other healthy foods to avoid excess sugar and enjoy its benefits.
VI. Dried papaya storage
Dried papaya is a delicious and nutritious snack that can be enjoyed all year round. However, to preserve its flavor, texture and quality, it is important to store it properly. In this blog post, we will discuss some best practices for storing dried papaya, as well as its shelf life and proper packaging techniques.
Best practices for storing dried papaya
One of the most important factors that affect the storage of dried papaya is moisture. Moisture can cause mold growth, spoilage and loss of nutrients. Therefore, it is essential to keep your dried papaya as dry as possible.
Here are some tips to follow:
- Before storing your dried papaya, make sure it is completely dry and cool. If you dehydrated your own papaya at home, you can check if it is done by breaking a piece in half. It should be leathery and pliable, but not sticky or moist.
- Use an airtight container to store your dried papaya. It can be glass or plastic jars, or even plastic freezer pouches. The container should be thick enough so it won’t tear easily. Make sure to clean the container and dry it properly before filling it with dried papaya.
- Label your container with the date of drying or purchase. This will help you keep track of how long your dried papaya has been stored.
- Store your dried papaya in a cool and dark area. The recommended storage temperature is 60 degrees Fahrenheit . Avoid exposing your dried papaya to direct sunlight, heat or humidity.
- Monitor your stored dried papaya regularly to check if there is any moisture or mold growth. If there is, discard the affected pieces immediately and transfer the remaining ones to a new container.
Shelf life of dried papaya
The shelf life of dried papaya depends on several factors, such as the quality of the fresh fruit, the method of drying, the packaging material and the storage conditions.
Generally speaking, dried papaya can last for 9 months up to a year if stored properly in an airtight container at 60 degrees Fahrenheit .
However, this does not mean that your dried papaya will go bad after a year. As long as it’s sealed tightly after being opened, it will last for a very long time. You may notice some changes in color or texture over time, but these are not signs of spoilage.
To extend the shelf life of your dried papaya even further, you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer. This will slow down the oxidation process and prevent insect infestation.
If you store your dried papaya in the refrigerator, it can last for up to 18 months. If you store it in the freezer, it can last indefinitely.
However, before consuming your refrigerated or frozen dried papaya, make sure to bring it back to room temperature first. This will prevent condensation from forming on the surface and affecting its quality.
Proper packaging techniques
The way you package your dried papaya can also affect its shelf life and quality. Here are some tips to follow:
- Choose a suitable container that fits your needs and preferences. You can use glass jars for easy visibility and reusability; plastic bags for convenience and portability; vacuum-sealed bags for maximum protection; or metal cans for long-term storage.
- Fill your container with enough dried papaya without overpacking it. Leave some space for air circulation inside.
- Seal your container tightly with a lid or a zipper lock. If using vacuum-sealed bags or metal cans, you may need special equipment such as a vacuum sealer or a canning machine.
- Label your container with relevant information such as name of product (dried papaya), date of drying or purchase (month/year), weight (grams/ounces) etc.
- Store your packaged dried papayain a cool and dark area away from heat sources, sunlight and moisture.
VII. Best-dried papaya brands
Papaya is a tropical fruit that has many health benefits. It is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, folate, fiber, and antioxidants. Papaya can help improve digestion, lower blood pressure, reduce inflammation, protect against cancer, and boost immunity . However, fresh papaya may not be available all year round or in all regions. That’s why dried papaya is a great alternative to enjoy this delicious and nutritious fruit anytime and anywhere.
Dried papaya is made by removing the moisture from fresh papaya slices using different methods such as sun drying, oven drying, or freeze drying. Dried papaya retains most of the nutrients and flavor of fresh papaya but has a longer shelf life and a chewy texture. Dried papaya can be eaten as a snack or added to salads, granola bars, trail mixes, smoothies, cakes, and other recipes.
But not all dried papaya brands are created equal. Some may use artificial colors, flavors, sweeteners, preservatives or sulfites that can affect the quality and safety of the product. Some may also add sugar or other ingredients that can increase the calorie and carbohydrate content of dried papaya. Therefore, it is important to choose a reputable and reliable dried papaya brand that offers high-quality products with natural ingredients.
One of the best-dried papaya brands in the market today is FruitBuys Vietnam – Dried Fruit Factory – Professional OEM Wholesale Supplier and Exporter with Best Price Logistics services and provide stable source all year round.
Strengths of FruitBuys Vietnam:
- Offering freeze-dried fruit options with no added sugar
- Providing a range of dried fruit nut vegetable products
- Offering wholesale options for dehydrated fruit snacks healthy snacks
- Providing snack options for various dietary needs such as gluten-free vegan snacks
- Offering packaging printing services with no minimum quantity order
- Providing non-GMO sugar-free unsulfured preservative-free products No added additives or preservatives (Ochratoxin A Aflatoxin (B1 B2 G1 G2) Metals (As Pb Cu) sulfite residues (SO2) …
- Offering high-profit margin on their products
- Providing fast response customs clearance support
- Offering free samples to customers
- Providing safe secure transactions for customers
Modern drying freeze-drying technology of FruitBuys Vietnam:
- Freeze dried fruit – Freeze drying (FD) technology
- Soft Dried Fruit – Heat Drying (AD) technology
- Crispy Fruit – Vacuum drying (VF) technology
- Frozen Fruit– Individual Quickly Freezer (IQF)
Call customers to send inquiries contact to FruitBuys Vietnam:
- WhatsApp: +84 919 739 589 (Udo Nguyen)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 10/2 Ky Con Phu Nhuan Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam
- Website: www.fruitbuys.com
- Alibaba Store: https://wahapy.trustpass.alibaba.com
- Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FruitBuysVietnam
- Ebay Store: https://www.ebay.com/usr/fruitbuys
If you are looking for a trusted partner who can supply you with high-quality dried papaya products at competitive prices then look no further than FruitBuys Vietnam. They have been in the business for over 7 years and have satisfied customers from over 50 countries around the world. They use modern technologies to produce natural healthy tasty dried fruits that meet international standards.
FruitBuys Vietnam also offers customized solutions for your specific needs whether you want to create your own brand label design packaging size flavor or mix of fruits nuts vegetables They have a professional team who can assist you with every step of the process from product development to delivery They also have excellent customer service who can answer your questions provide you with samples offer you discounts handle your orders track your shipments resolve any issues guarantee your satisfaction
So what are you waiting for? Contact FruitBuys Vietnam today and discover why they are one of the best-dried papaya brands in the world You will not regret it!
In this blog post, we have discussed the benefits of dried papaya and why you should consider adding it to your diet. Dried papaya is a delicious and nutritious snack that can offer you many health advantages, such as:
- Promoting heart health by preventing cholesterol oxidation and blood clotting, strengthening blood vessels and lowering blood pressure.
- Providing antioxidants that can protect your cells from free radical damage, inflammation and chronic diseases .
- Supporting digestive health by containing enzymes that can break down proteins and fibers, easing constipation and bloating.
- Boosting immunity by supplying vitamins A and C that can enhance your body’s defense against infections and diseases .
- Improving skin health by promoting collagen production, wound healing and skin elasticity, as well as fighting acne and signs of aging.
- Enhancing eye health by offering carotenoids that can protect your vision from macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Regulating blood sugar levels by having a low glycemic index and high fiber content that can prevent spikes and crashes in glucose levels .
- Supporting bone health by containing calcium, magnesium and vitamin K that can strengthen your bones and prevent osteoporosis .
As you can see, dried papaya is a superfood that can benefit your overall well-being. However, not all dried papayas are created equal. Some may contain added sugars, preservatives or artificial colors that can reduce their nutritional value or even harm your health.
That’s why we recommend you to choose FruitBuys Vietnam – Dried Fruit Factory – Professional OEM Wholesale Supplier and Exporter with Best Price, Logistics services and provide stable source all year round.
FruitBuys Vietnam offers a variety of high-quality dried fruits that are made from fresh fruits grown in Vietnam’s fertile soil. Their products are natural, organic, vegan-friendly and gluten-free. They use advanced drying technology to preserve the flavor, color, texture and nutrients of the fruits without adding any sugar or chemicals.
Some of their popular products include:
- Dried Mango No Sugar Added
- Dried Dragon Fruit ( Pitaya)
- Dried Pineapple No Sugar Added
- Dried Banana No Sugar Added
- Dried Jackfruit No Sugar Added
- Dried Sapodilla No Sugar Added
- Dried Mango Slices
- Dried Pineapple Ring
- Dried Jackfruit Low Sugar
- Dried Soursop Fruit Low Sugar
What are the nutritional benefits of dried papaya?
Dried papaya is a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, folate, potassium, calcium, iron, and antioxidants. These nutrients can support various functions in your body such as immune system, vision, skin health, bone health, red blood cell production, fluid balance, and oxidative stress reduction.
How does dried papaya compare to fresh papaya?
Dried papaya has more calories, sugar, and carbohydrates than fresh papaya per weight. This is because drying concentrates the natural sugars and reduces the water content that makes up most of fresh fruit. However, dried papaya also retains some vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that are beneficial for health.
What are the health benefits of eating dried papaya?
Eating dried papaya can have several health benefits such as:
- Promoting heart health by preventing cholesterol oxidation and blood clotting
- Improving digestion by providing fiber and enzymes
- Protecting against infections by boosting immunity and fighting bacteria
- Lowering blood pressure and stress levels by balancing sodium and potassium
- Preventing anemia by supplying iron
- Supporting eye health by providing vitamin A
- Can dried papaya help with weight loss?
Dried papaya can help with weight loss if consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Dried papaya can provide fiber that can make you feel full longer and prevent overeating. It can also provide energy that can fuel your physical activity. However, dried papaya is also high in sugar and calories that can add up quickly if you eat too much. Therefore, it is important to control your portion size and limit your intake of dried papaya.
What are some healthy dried papaya snack ideas?
Some healthy dried papaya snack ideas are:
- Mixing dried papaya with nuts, seeds, granola , or other dried fruits for a trail mix
- Adding dried papaya to your yogurt , oatmeal , cereal , or smoothie for a fruity boost
- Dipping dried papaya in dark chocolate , peanut butter , or cream cheese for a sweet treat
- Making homemade energy bars or balls with dried papaya , oats , honey , coconut oil , etc.
- Baking muffins , cookies , breads , or cakes with chopped dried papay
How do you make dried papaya slices?
- To make dried papaya slices, you need to peel and cut fresh papaya into thin pieces. Then you can either use a dehydrator or an oven to dry them until they are chewy and leathery. You can also add some sugar or spices before drying if you want to enhance the flavor.³²
What are the different types of dried papaya candy?
- Dried papaya candy is a type of confectionery that is made from dried papaya coated with sugar or syrup. There are different types of dried papaya candy depending on the ingredients and methods used. Some examples are candied papaya spears, candied papaya chunks, candied green papaya strips, and candied ripe papaya balls.³
How long does dried papaya last and how should it be stored?
- Dried papaya can last for 9-12 months if stored properly. The best way to store dried papaya is in an airtight container in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight. You can also refrigerate or freeze dried papaya to extend its shelf life even longer.²¹
- Mobile / WhatsApp: (84) 919 739 589 (Udo Nguyen)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 10/2 Ky Con, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – 700000
- Website: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Pinterest: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Fanpage: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Instagram: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Youtube: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Linkedin: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Alibaba Store: Fruitbuys Vietnam
- Etsy Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Ebay Store: FruitBuys Vietnam