Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits in the world, and for good reason. They are delicious, juicy, and nutritious. But did you know that you can also enjoy the benefits of mangoes in a dried form?
Unsweetened dried mangoes are a great way to add some tropical flavor to your diet without adding any extra sugar or calories. In fact, unsweetened dried mangoes have many health benefits that you may not be aware of. Here are seven of them.
I. Unsweetened dried mango nutrition facts
One serving of unsweetened dried mango (about 40 grams) contains:
- Calories: 130
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 32 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Sugar: 24 grams
- Protein: 1 gram
- Vitamin A: 20% of the daily value (DV)
- Vitamin C: 2% of the DV
- Calcium: 2% of the DV
- Iron: 2% of the DV
As you can see, unsweetened dried mangoes are low in fat and high in carbohydrates, which makes them a good source of energy. They also provide a significant amount of vitamin A, which is essential for eye health and immune function.
II. Health Benefits of Unsweetened Dried Mango
Rich in Antioxidants:
Antioxidants are substances that protect your cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can cause oxidative stress and damage your DNA. Oxidative stress is linked to aging and various chronic diseases, such as cancer, diabetes, and heart disease.
Unsweetened dried mangoes are rich in antioxidants, such as beta-carotene, quercetin, and mangiferin. These antioxidants can help neutralize free radicals and prevent or reduce oxidative stress.
Helps in Weight Loss:
Unsweetened dried mangoes are a low-calorie snack option that can help you lose weight. Compared to fresh mangoes, dried mangoes have less water content and more concentrated nutrients. This means that you can eat less and still feel full and satisfied.
Unsweetened dried mangoes can also help reduce cravings and suppress appetite by providing natural sweetness and fiber. Fiber can slow down digestion and make you feel fuller for longer. It can also prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes that can trigger hunger and overeating.
Good for Eye Health:
Unsweetened dried mangoes are a good source of vitamin A, which is vital for maintaining good vision. Vitamin A helps your eyes adjust to changes in light and protects them from infections. It also supports the health of your retina, which is the part of your eye that converts light into signals for your brain.
Vitamin A deficiency can lead to night blindness, dry eyes, and even blindness. Unsweetened dried mangoes can help prevent vitamin A deficiency and keep your eyes healthy.
Boosts Immune System:
Unsweetened dried mangoes are also a good source of vitamin C, which is another important antioxidant that strengthens your immune system. Vitamin C helps your body produce white blood cells, which are the cells that fight off infections and diseases.
It also helps your body heal wounds and repair tissues. Vitamin C deficiency can lead to scurvy, which is a disease that causes bleeding gums, bruising, and weakness. Unsweetened dried mangoes can help prevent vitamin C deficiency and boost your immune system.
Supports Digestive Health:
Unsweetened dried mangoes are high in fiber, which is beneficial for your digestive health. Fiber helps your digestive system move food along and prevents constipation. It also feeds the good bacteria in your gut, which can improve your digestion and immunity.
Fiber can also lower your risk of developing digestive disorders, such as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), diverticulitis, and colon cancer.
Lowers Cholesterol Levels:
Unsweetened dried mangoes can also help lower your cholesterol levels by providing fiber. Fiber can bind to cholesterol in your intestines and prevent it from being absorbed into your bloodstream. This can lower your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and increase your HDL (good) cholesterol levels.
High LDL cholesterol levels can clog your arteries and increase your risk of heart disease and stroke. Unsweetened dried mangoes can help lower your LDL cholesterol levels and protect your heart health.
Provides a Satisfying Snack Option:
Unsweetened dried mangoes are not only healthy but also delicious and convenient. You can easily store them in airtight containers and take them with you wherever you go. You can enjoy them as a snack between meals or as a dessert after meals.
Read more: Is Dried Mango Good For You? Exploring The Health Benefits And Nutritional Value
III. How to make dried unsweetened mango slices
Select the best mangoes
The first step to making dried unsweetened mango slices is to choose the right mangoes. You want to use large, firm mangoes that are not too ripe or too sour. Avoid any mangoes that are bruised or damaged. You also want to use mangoes that have no sugar added, as this will affect the taste and texture of the final product.
Wash and sanitize
The next step is to wash and sanitize the mangoes. This will help remove any dirt or bacteria from the skin of the fruit. You can use a mild soap and water solution to gently scrub the mangoes, then rinse them well with clean water.
Cut and core
After washing, you need to peel and slice the mangoes. Use a sharp knife to cut off the skin and remove the seed. Then, cut the mango flesh into thin slices, about 0.5 cm thick. Try to make the slices as uniform as possible, as this will help them dry evenly.
Blanch the slices
To prevent browning and spoilage, you need to blanch the mango slices before drying. Blanching is a process of briefly dipping the fruit in hot water to deactivate enzymes and kill microorganisms. To blanch the mango slices, bring a pot of water to a boil and add some lemon juice or citric acid.
Then, submerge the mango slices in the water for about 5 minutes, or until they become slightly soft. Drain the slices and pat them dry with a paper towel.
Dry the slices
The final step is to dry the mango slices using a fruit dryer. Arrange the slices on the trays of the dryer, leaving some space between them for air circulation. Set the temperature to between 50°C and 65°C, depending on how chewy or crispy you want your dried mangoes to be.
The drying time will vary depending on the thickness and moisture content of the slices, but it usually takes between 10 and 12 hours. You can check the progress by bending a slice in half. If it breaks easily, it is done. If it bends without breaking, it needs more time.
Store and enjoy
Once the mango slices are dry, let them cool completely before packing them in an airtight container or a ziplock bag. Label the container with the date and store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. You can enjoy your homemade dried unsweetened mango slices as a healthy snack or use them in recipes like granola bars, trail mix, or smoothies.
Read more: How to Make Dried Mango in Air Fryer: The Ultimate Guide
IV. Why should you choose FruitBuys Vietnam to buy Unsweetened Dried Mangoes in bulk?
FruitBuys Vietnam is a professional wholesale supplier and exporter of premium Exotic fruits, Healthy Snacks, Vegan snacks, No Sugar Snacks, and Low Sugar Snacks. We offer quality assurance, wholesale price, and logistics services to our customers. We also provide a trusted source of fresh and delicious fruits that are available all year round.
One of our most popular products is Unsweetened Dried Mango, which is made from ripe and juicy mangoes that are dried naturally without any added sugar or preservatives. Unsweetened Dried Mango is a great snack for anyone who loves the sweet and tangy taste of mangoes but wants to avoid the extra calories and sugar that come with fresh or candied mangoes.
Unsweetened Dried Mango is a healthy and tasty snack that can satisfy your cravings for something sweet and fruity. It has many health benefits, such as providing water-soluble vitamins, boosting your immune system, and improving your digestion. It also has a long shelf life and can be stored easily. If you are looking for a reliable and affordable supplier of Unsweetened Dried Mango in bulk, look no further than FruitBuys Vietnam. We guarantee that you will love our products and service.
What are water-soluble vitamins and why are they important?
Water-soluble vitamins are vitamins that dissolve in water and are not stored in the body. They include vitamin C and the B-complex vitamins. They are important for various functions in the body, such as metabolism, energy production, immunity, nerve function, and blood formation. Unsweetened Dried Mango is rich in vitamin C and some B-complex vitamins, such as thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and folate.
Is Unsweetened Dried Mango high in calories?
No, Unsweetened Dried Mango is not high in calories compared to other dried fruits or snacks. One serving (40 grams) of Unsweetened Dried Mango has about 120 calories, which is less than half of the calories in a serving of candied mango (260 calories) or potato chips (200 calories). Unsweetened Dried Mango also has more fiber and less fat than these snacks.
How much Unsweetened Dried Mango can I eat per day?
There is no fixed limit on how much Unsweetened Dried Mango you can eat per day, but it is recommended to eat it in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Eating too much-dried fruit can cause digestive problems or increase your blood sugar levels. A good rule of thumb is to eat no more than one serving (40 grams) of Unsweetened Dried Mango per day.
What are the health benefits of eating dried mango?
Eating dried mango has many health benefits, such as:
- It provides antioxidants that protect your cells from damage and inflammation.
- It supports your immune system by providing vitamin C and other phytochemicals that fight infections and diseases.
- It improves your digestion by providing fiber that helps regulate your bowel movements and prevent constipation.
- It enhances your mood by providing tryptophan, an amino acid that helps produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter that regulates your emotions and sleep.
- It promotes your skin health by providing vitamin A and beta-carotene, which help maintain your skin’s elasticity and prevent wrinkles.
How does FruitBuys Vietnam ensure the quality of its dried mango?
FruitBuys Vietnam ensures the quality of its dried mango by:
- Selecting only the best quality mangoes from local farmers who use organic and sustainable farming methods.
- Washing and peeling the mangoes carefully to remove any dirt or pesticides.
- Slicing the mangoes thinly and evenly ensures uniform drying and texture.
- Drying the mangoes naturally under the sun or in a dehydrator at low temperatures to preserve their flavor and nutrients.
- Packing the dried mangoes in sealed bags or containers to prevent moisture and contamination.
What type of dried mango does FruitBuys Vietnam offer?
FruitBuys Vietnam offers 5 types of dried mango:
- Freeze-dried mango healthy snacks- Freeze drying (FD) technology. The shelf life of this product is 12-18 months if stored at room temperature and in a dry, well-ventilated place, avoiding direct light on the product.
- Mango chips vegan snacks – Vacuum Frying (VF) technology. The shelf life of this product is 9-12 months if stored at room temperature and in a dry, well-ventilated place, avoiding direct light on the product.
- Unsweetened dried mango no sugar snacks– Hot Air Drying (AD) technology. This product has no added sugar or preservatives so it is suitable for people who want to reduce their sugar intake or have diabetes. The shelf life of this product is 6-9 months if stored in sealed aluminum bags at a temperature of 10-20 degrees C and avoiding direct light on the product.
- Dried mango slices low sugar snacks (5% sugar added) – Hot Air Drying (AD) technology. The shelf life of this product is 9-12 months if stored at room temperature and in a dry, well-ventilated place, avoiding direct light on the product
- Dried chili mango spicy snacks – Hot Air Drying (AD) technology. The shelf life of this product is 9-12 months if stored at room temperature and in a dry, well-ventilated place, avoiding direct light on the product.
Can I eat the mango peel?
No, you should not eat the mango peel. The peel may contain traces of pesticides or bacteria that can harm your health.
- Mobile / WhatsApp: (84) 919 739 589 (Udo Nguyen)
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 10/2 Ky Con, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – 700000
- Website: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Pinterest: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Facebook: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Instagram: FruitBuys Vietnam
- YouTube: FruitBuys Vietnam
- LinkedIn: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Twitter: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Alibaba Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Etsy Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- eBay Store: FruitBuys Vietnam