Processing and preserving mangoes are a great way to enjoy this delicious and nutritious fruit all year round. Mangoes are rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, fiber, antioxidants, and other beneficial compounds that can boost your immune system, improve your skin health, and prevent infections. However, fresh mangoes have a short shelf life and can spoil quickly if not stored properly. That’s why many people choose to process and preserve mangoes using different methods and technologies, such as canning, freezing, or dehydrating.
In this article, we will explain how to process and preserve mangoes using these methods and technologies, and how to choose the best supplier for your dried mangoes and healthy snacks. We will also provide you with some tips and tricks on how to use dried mangoes in various recipes and dishes. Whether you are a wholesale buyer who wants to source premium exotic fruits and healthy snacks from FruitBuys Vietnam with a stable year-round supply, or a consumer who loves mangoes and wants to learn more about them, this article is for you.
I. How to Process and Preserve Mangoes Using Different Methods and Technologies
There are three main methods of processing and preserving mangoes: canning, freezing, and dehydrating. Each method has its own advantages and disadvantages in terms of quality, taste, texture, color, nutrition, cost, and environmental impact. Here is a brief overview of each method:
- Canning: Canning is a process of heating and sealing food in glass jars or metal cans to prevent spoilage. Canning mangoes involves peeling, slicing, and packing them in syrup or water with added lemon juice or citric acid to increase the acidity. The jars or cans are then processed in a boiling water bath or a pressure canner for a specific time depending on the size and type of container. Canning preserves the flavor and texture of mangoes well, but it also reduces some of the vitamins and antioxidants. Canning also requires special equipment, such as jars, lids, rings, canners, funnels, ladles, etc., which can be expensive and take up space. Canned mangoes can be stored at room temperature for up to a year or longer if properly sealed.
- Freezing: Freezing is a process of lowering the temperature of food to below 0°C (32°F) to stop the growth of microorganisms and slow down the chemical reactions that cause spoilage. Freezing mangoes involves peeling, slicing, and placing them on a baking sheet in a single layer. The baking sheet is then put in the freezer until the mangoes are frozen solid. The frozen mangoes can be transferred to freezer bags or containers and stored in the freezer for up to 10 months. Freezing retains most of the nutrients and antioxidants of mangoes, but it also changes the texture and color of them. Frozen mangoes tend to become soft and mushy when thawed, and they may develop freezer burn or ice crystals if not stored properly. Frozen mangoes are best used for smoothies, sauces, jams, or baked goods.
- Dehydrating: Dehydrating is a process of removing the moisture from food by exposing it to hot air or other sources of heat. Dehydrating mangoes involves peeling, slicing, and dipping them in lemon juice or ascorbic acid solution to prevent browning. The slices are then arranged on dehydrator trays or baking sheets in a single layer. The trays or sheets are then placed in a dehydrator or an oven set at a low temperature (around 60°C or 140°F) for several hours until the mangoes are dry and leathery. Dehydrating concentrates the flavor and sweetness of mangoes, but it also destroys some of the vitamins and antioxidants. Dehydrating also requires electricity or fuel, which can be costly and environmentally unfriendly. Dehydrated mangoes can be stored in airtight containers at room temperature for up to a year or longer if properly dried.
As you can see, each method of processing and preserving mangoes has its pros and cons. Depending on your preferences, budget, availability of equipment, storage space, etc., you may choose one method over another. However, if you want to save time and hassle, you may also consider buying ready-made dried mangoes and healthy snacks from a reputable supplier.
II. How to Choose the Best Supplier for Your Dried Mangoes and Healthy Snacks
If you are looking for high-quality dried mangoes and healthy snacks at wholesale prices, you need to find a reliable supplier who can meet your needs and expectations. Here are some factors that you should consider when choosing a supplier for your dried mangoes and healthy snacks:
- Quality assurance: You want to make sure that the supplier uses fresh and ripe mangoes that are grown organically or without harmful chemicals. You also want to make sure that the supplier follows good manufacturing practices (GMP) and food safety standards (HACCP) to ensure that the products are hygienic and safe for consumption. You also want to check the quality of the packaging and labeling of the products, as well as the shelf life and expiration date.
- Wholesale prices: You want to get the best value for your money by comparing the prices of different suppliers and choosing the one that offers the most competitive and reasonable prices. You also want to look for discounts, promotions, or incentives that the supplier may offer for bulk orders or loyal customers.
- High margins: You want to maximize your profits by choosing a supplier that offers high margins for reselling or distributing the products. You also want to negotiate the terms and conditions of the payment, delivery, and return policies with the supplier to avoid any misunderstandings or disputes.
- Reliable logistics & supply: You want to ensure that the supplier can deliver the products on time and in good condition to your location. You also want to make sure that the supplier has a stable and sufficient supply of mangoes and other fruits throughout the year, especially during peak seasons or high-demand periods.
- Customer service: You want to have a good relationship with a supplier who can communicate effectively and respond promptly to your inquiries, feedback, or complaints. You also want to have access to after-sales support, technical assistance, or product information from the supplier.
If you are looking for a supplier that meets all these criteria, look no further than FruitBuys Vietnam. FruitBuys Vietnam is a professional wholesale supplier and exporter of premium exotic fruits, freeze-dried fruit, healthy snacks, dried fruit, veggie chips, vegan snacks, no added sugar, and low-sugar snacks with advanced drying technologies such as: Air Drying (AD), Freeze Drying (FD), Vacuum Frying (VF).
We focus on quality assurance, wholesale prices, high margins, and reliable logistics & supply with 7 years of experience. We source natural tropical fruit lines from Vietnam such as: Banana, Dragon fruit, Durian, Jackfruit, Mango, Papaya, Passion fruit, Pineapple, Sapodilla, Strawberries, Soursop, Avocado, Cashew nuts, Sweet Potato, Lotus, Taro, and more.
Processing and preserving mangoes is a smart way to extend their shelf life and enjoy their benefits all year round. You can process and preserve mangoes using different methods and technologies, such as canning, freezing, or dehydrating. However, if you want to save time and hassle, you can also buy ready-made dried mangoes and healthy snacks from a reputable supplier like FruitBuys Vietnam. FruitBuys Vietnam is your trusted partner for wholesale buyers who want to source premium exotic fruits and healthy snacks from Vietnam with a stable year-round supply.
We offer quality assurance, wholesale prices, high margins, reliable logistics & supply, and excellent customer service. If you are interested in buying dried mangoes and healthy snacks from us, please visit our website [FruitBuys.com] or contact us via WhatsApp [+84-919.739.589] or Email: [firstname.lastname@example.org] to send questions or request a free sample. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
FAQs-People also ask for the article:
What are the processing methods of mangoes?
The processing methods of mango are the techniques used to transform fresh mangoes into different products, such as juice, pulp, puree, jam, jelly, nectar, etc. Some of the common processing methods of mango are washing, peeling, cutting, blanching, pasteurizing, filling, sealing, and sterilizing.
What are the methods of preserving mangoes?
The methods of preserving mangoes are the ways to extend the shelf life and prevent spoilage of fresh or processed mangoes. Some of the common methods of preserving mangoes are canning, freezing, dehydrating, pickling, salting, sugaring, fermenting, etc.
How do you preserve a mango step by step?
One of the easiest ways to preserve a mango is by dehydrating it. Here are the steps to preserve a mango by dehydrating it:
- Wash and peel the mango.
- Cut the mango into thin slices.
- Dip the slices in lemon juice or ascorbic acid solution to prevent browning.
- Arrange the slices on dehydrator trays or baking sheets in a single layer.
- Place the trays or sheets in a dehydrator or an oven set at a low temperature (around 60°C or 140°F) for several hours until the mangoes are dry and leathery.
- Store the dehydrated mangoes in airtight containers at room temperature for up to a year or longer if properly dried.
How do you preserve raw mangoes?
One of the traditional ways to preserve raw mangoes is by pickling them. Here are the steps to preserve raw mangoes by pickling them:
- Wash and dry the raw mangoes.
- Cut the raw mangoes into small pieces or leave them whole if they are small.
- Mix salt, spices, oil, vinegar, and sugar in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the raw mangoes and simmer for about 15 minutes or until they are tender but not mushy.
- Transfer the pickle mixture to sterilized glass jars and seal them tightly.
- Store the pickled mangoes in a cool and dark place for at least a month before consuming them.
Source of information referenced in this article:
- (1) 3 Easy Ways to Preserve Mangoes – wikiHow.
- (2) How to Can Mango – Practical Self Reliance.
- (3) Fruit and vegetable processing.
- (4) Mango Processing Products and Methods