Mango chips are a delicious and crunchy snack made from 100% natural Vietnamese mangoes. They are a great way to enjoy the tropical flavor and nutrition of mangoes all year round. But are mango chips healthy? How do they affect your health in different ways?
I. What are Mango Chips?
Mango chips are made by slicing fresh mangoes and drying them using a special technology called Vacuum-frying (VF). This process removes most of the moisture from the fruit while preserving its natural color, flavor, and nutrients.
VF also reduces the oil absorption and acrylamide formation of the chips, making them healthier than deep-fried snacks. Mango chips have a shelf life of 9-12 months if stored in a sealed aluminum bag, in a dry place.
II. Nutritional Value of Mango Chips
Mango chips are rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and dietary fiber. One ounce (28 g) of mango chips provides:
- Calories: 120
- Total Fat: 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Sodium: 5.6 mg
- Potassium: 226 mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 21.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 16 g
- Protein: 1 g
Mango chips also contain vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, folate, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium.
Compared to other snack options, such as potato chips, pretzels, or cookies, mango chips have fewer calories, less fat, less sodium, more potassium, more fiber, and more antioxidants. They also have a lower glycemic index (GI), which means they do not spike your blood sugar levels as much as refined carbohydrates.
III. Health Benefits of Mango Chips
Mango chips have several health benefits due to their nutritional profile. Some of these benefits are:
- Boosting your immune system: Mango chips are high in vitamin C and vitamin A, which are essential for maintaining a healthy immune system. Vitamin C helps fight infections and inflammation, while vitamin A supports the mucous membranes and skin barriers that prevent pathogens from entering your body. (1)
- Improving your vision: Mango chips are also rich in beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A that helps protect your eyes from oxidative damage and age-related macular degeneration. Beta-carotene also enhances your night vision and reduces the risk of cataracts. (2)
- Supporting your skin health: Mango chips contain vitamin E and antioxidants that help nourish your skin and prevent premature aging. Vitamin E moisturizes your skin and protects it from UV rays and pollution. Antioxidants fight free radicals that cause wrinkles and sagging.
- Promoting your digestion: Mango chips are a good source of dietary fiber that helps regulate your bowel movements and prevent constipation. Fiber also feeds the beneficial bacteria in your gut that improve your digestion and immunity. Moreover, mango chips contain enzymes that help break down proteins and fats in your food. (3)
- Enhancing your mood: Mango chips have a sweet and tangy flavor that can lift your spirits and reduce stress. They also contain tryptophan, an amino acid that is converted into serotonin in your brain. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that regulates your mood, sleep, appetite, and memory. (4)
IV. Are Mango Chips Good for Weight Loss?
Mango chips can be a part of a healthy weight-loss diet if consumed in moderation. They are low in calories and fat compared to other snacks, and high in fiber and water content that can keep you full for longer. They can also satisfy your sweet tooth without adding too much sugar to your diet.
However, mango chips are still processed food that contains some added oil and sugar. Therefore, they should not be eaten in excess or as a substitute for fresh fruits and vegetables. The recommended serving size for mango chips is one ounce (28 g), which is about 10 to 15 pieces.
V. Are Mango Chips Good for Diabetics?
Mango chips are a delicious and healthy snack that can be enjoyed by people with diabetes. Mango chips are made from fresh mangoes that are sliced, soaked in lemon water, and dried in the sun or oven. They are rich in fiber, vitamin C, antioxidants, and natural sugars that can help regulate blood sugar levels and prevent spikes. Mango chips are also low in calories, fat, and sodium, which can help with weight management and blood pressure control.
However, mango chips are not a substitute for fresh fruits, and they should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. Mango chips may contain added sugar or preservatives, depending on how they are processed and packaged. Therefore, it is important to read the nutrition labels and choose mango chips that are organic, unsweetened, unsulfured, and preservative-free. It is also advisable to consult your doctor before adding mango chips to your diet, especially if you have any medical conditions or allergies.
VI. Are Mango Chips Good for Digestion?
Mango chips are good for digestion because they contain dietary fiber that can help improve bowel movements and prevent constipation. Fiber also helps feed the beneficial bacteria in the gut, which can enhance digestion and immunity.
Mango chips also contain enzymes that can aid in breaking down proteins and fats in the food. Additionally, mango chips have a high water content that can help hydrate the body and flush out toxins. However, mango chips should not be eaten in excess, as they may cause bloating, gas, or diarrhea in some people.
This is especially true for people who have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), or fructose intolerance. Therefore, it is recommended to start with small portions of mango chips and see how your body reacts. You can also drink plenty of water and eat other foods that are rich in fiber, such as whole grains, vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
VII. How to Choose Healthy Mango Chips?
Mango chips are a great way to enjoy the taste and benefits of mangoes all year round. However, not all mango chips are created equal. Some may contain artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, or preservatives that can reduce their nutritional value and pose health risks. Therefore, it is important to choose healthy mango chips that are made from natural ingredients and minimally processed.
Here are some tips on how to choose healthy mango chips:
- Look for organic mango chips that are certified by a reputable organization, such as USDA or Non-GMO Project: Organic mango chips are grown without pesticides, herbicides, or synthetic fertilizers that can contaminate the fruit and harm the environment.
- Avoid mango chips that have added sugar or corn syrup: These can increase the calorie and carbohydrate content of the snack and cause blood sugar spikes. Instead, opt for unsweetened mango chips that have natural sugars from the fruit.
- Avoid mango chips that have sulfites or other preservatives: Sulfites are chemicals that are used to prevent the browning and spoilage of dried fruits. However, sulfites can cause allergic reactions in some people, such as asthma attacks, hives, or anaphylaxis. Other preservatives may also have negative effects on health, such as sodium benzoate or potassium sorbate. Instead, opt for unsulfured mango chips that have no preservatives.
- Check the expiration date and storage instructions of the mango chips: Mango chips have a long shelf life if stored properly in a cool and dry place. However, they may lose their flavor and texture over time or become moldy if exposed to moisture or heat. Therefore, check the expiration date of the mango chips before buying them and store them in an airtight container after opening them.
VIII. How to make mango chips at home
Mango chips are a delicious and healthy snack that can be easily made at home with a few ingredients. They are crispy, tangy, and sweet, and can be stored for months in an airtight container. Here is how you can make your own mango chips at home.
- 3 ripe mangoes
- 1 lemon
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- A dehydrator or an oven
- A knife and a cutting board
- A glass bowl and a spoon
- A baking sheet and parchment paper (if using an oven)
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut the flesh into thin slices, about 3 mm thick.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a glass bowl. Add salt and stir well.
- Put the mango slices in the bowl and toss them gently with the lemon juice. Let them soak for about an hour.
- If using a dehydrator, arrange the mango slices on the dehydrator trays in a single layer. Set the dehydrator to 55 degrees Celsius and leave for 8 hours or until the slices are dry and crisp.
- If using an oven, preheat it to 80 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and arrange the mango slices on it in a single layer. Bake for 3 to 4 hours, flipping them halfway through, until they are dry and crisp.
- Let the mango chips cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
IX. Side Effects of Mango Chips
Mango chips are generally safe and healthy to eat, as they are made from natural ingredients and contain no artificial preservatives or additives. However, some people may experience some side effects from eating too many mango chips or from being allergic to mangoes. Some of the possible side effects are:
- Allergic reaction: Some people may be allergic to mangoes or to the latex present in their skin. Symptoms of an allergic reaction may include itching, swelling, hives, rash, difficulty breathing, or anaphylaxis. If you have any of these symptoms after eating mango chips, seek medical attention immediately.
- Stomach upset: Eating too many mango chips may cause stomach upset, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation. This is because mangoes are high in fiber and sugar, which can affect your digestion and blood sugar levels. To avoid this, eat mango chips in moderation and drink plenty of water.
- Tooth decay: Mango chips are sticky and sweet, which can cling to your teeth and cause tooth decay if you do not brush your teeth regularly. To prevent this, rinse your mouth with water after eating mango chips and brush your teeth twice a day.
X. Where to buy bulk-dried mango chips
If you want to buy bulk dried mango chips for yourself or for your business, you may want to consider buying from FruitBuys Vietnam, a professional wholesale supplier and exporter of premium Exotic fruits, Healthy Snacks, Vegan snacks, No Sugar Snacks, Low Sugar Snacks. They offer many benefits such as:
- Quality assurance: They test their products for Ochratoxin, Aflatoxin, Metals, and sulfite residues (SO2), and ensure that they are non-GMO, gluten-free, sugar-free, unsulfured, and preservative-free.
- Variety of products: They use different drying technologies such as
- Air Drying (AD), Freeze Drying (FD), and Vacuum Frying (VF) to produce natural and nutritious products from tropical fruits such as Banana, Dragonfruit, Durian, Jackfruit, Mango, Papaya, Passionfruit, Pineapple, Sapodilla, Strawberries, Soursop, Rambutan, Cashew nuts, Sweet Potato, Lotus, Taro.
- Additional services: They also offer packaging, printing, web design, and logistics services & providing trusted source stability all-year-round services to their customers.
- Customer satisfaction: They aim to deliver exceptional customer service and satisfaction because they are a supplier and wholesaler for many years on major trading platforms such as Alibaba, eBay, Etsy, and Amazon.
To buy bulk dried mango chips from FruitBuys Vietnam, you can contact them through their website, email, phone, or social media.
In this article, we have discussed the health benefits and risks of mango chips, a delicious and nutritious snack made from dried mango slices. We have seen that mango chips are rich in vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals that can boost your immune system, lower your cholesterol, and prevent infections.
However, we have also learned that mango chips can be high in sugar, calories, and preservatives, depending on how they are prepared and packaged. Therefore, it is important to consume them in moderation and check the labels for the ingredients and nutritional information.
If you are looking for a healthy and tasty snack that can satisfy your sweet tooth and provide you with essential nutrients, mango chips are a great option. They are easy to make at home or buy from reputable sources like FruitBuys Vietnam, a leading online store for dried fruits and nuts.
FruitBuys Vietnam offers high-quality mango chips that are made from fresh and organic mangoes, with no added sugar or artificial flavors. You can order them online and get them delivered to your doorstep in no time.
To learn more about mango chips and other dried fruits and nuts, visit our website or contact us today. We would love to hear from you and answer any questions you may have.
- Are mango chips healthy?
Mango chips are healthy if they are made from natural and organic ingredients, with no added sugar or preservatives. They contain vitamin C, fiber, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals that can benefit your health. However, they can also be high in sugar, calories, and preservatives if they are processed or packaged with artificial ingredients. Therefore, it is important to consume them in moderation and check the labels for nutritional information.
- What is a mango chip?
A mango chip is a snack made from dried mango slices. It can be made at home by slicing fresh mangoes and dehydrating them in an oven or a dehydrator. It can also be bought from stores or online vendors that sell dried fruits and nuts. Mango chips are crunchy and sweet, with a tangy flavor.
- How to make mango chips at home?
To make mango chips at home, you will need the following materials:
- Fresh ripe mangoes
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
- A baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- An oven or a dehydrator
The steps are as follows:
- Preheat your oven to 175°F (80°C) or set your dehydrator to the same temperature.
- Wash and peel the mangoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Arrange the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or on the trays of your dehydrator.
- Bake or dehydrate the slices for about 3 to 4 hours or until they are dry and crisp.
- Let them cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
- Why eat mango chips?
Mango chips are a delicious and nutritious snack that can provide you with many health benefits. They can help you:
- Boost your immune system: Mango chips are rich in vitamin C, which is essential for your immune system function and can help you fight off infections.
- Lower your cholesterol: Mango chips contain fiber, which can help lower your cholesterol levels and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
- Prevent oxidative stress: Mango chips have antioxidants and other phytochemicals that can protect your cells from oxidative stress and inflammation caused by free radicals.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth: Mango chips have a natural sweetness that can satisfy your cravings for sugary snacks without adding too much calories or sugar to your diet.
- Ways to enjoy mango chips?
Mango chips are versatile and can be enjoyed in many ways. Here are some ideas:
- Eat them as a snack by themselves or with some nuts or seeds for extra protein and healthy fats.
- Add them to your breakfast cereal, yogurt, or oatmeal for a fruity boost.
- Mix them with some chocolate chips or dried coconut flakes for a tropical treat.
- Blend them with some milk or yogurt and ice for a refreshing smoothie.
- Use them as a topping for your salads, ice cream, or cakes for some crunch and flavor.
- Who can eat mango chips?
Mango chips are suitable for most people who enjoy dried fruits and nuts. However, they may not be suitable for people who have:
- Allergies to mangoes or other fruits
- Diabetes or other blood sugar issues
- Dental problems or braces
- Sensitivity to sulfites or other preservatives
If you have any of these conditions, consult your doctor before eating mango chips.
- Mobile / WhatsApp: (84) 919 739 589 (Udo Nguyen)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 10/2 Ky Con, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – 700000
- Website: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Pinterest: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Facebook: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Instagram: FruitBuys Vietnam
- YouTube: FruitBuys Vietnam
- LinkedIn: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Twitter: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Alibaba Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Etsy Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- eBay Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
#MangoChips #HealthySnacks #Nutrition #DriedFruits #VeganSnacks #FruitBuysVietnam #HealthyLifestyle #MangoLovers #SnackIdeas #HealthBenefits #ImmuneSystem #WeightLoss #Diabetes #Digestion #Antioxidants
FruitBuys Vietnam is a leading supplier of freeze dried fruit and dried fruit snacks in Vietnam. We dry fruit without added sugar to create healthy and delicious snacks for both individuals and businesses. We offer a wide variety of fruits, great wholesale prices, and fast shipping. We also provide packaging and printing services, no minimum quantity order policy, free samples, and support for customs clearance. Contact us today to order our high profit margin products and taste our dried fruits.