Durian is a tropical fruit that has a strong smell and a creamy texture. Some people love it, while others hate it. But what if you could enjoy the benefits of durian without the smell and the mess? That’s where freeze dried durian comes in.
Freeze dried durian is a form of durian that has been processed using a technique called freeze-drying, which removes the water from the fruit and preserves its nutrients and flavor. Freeze dried durian is becoming more popular as a superfood, as it has many health benefits and culinary uses.
In this article, we will tell you everything you need to know about freeze dried durian, from how it is made, to what it contains, to how it can improve your well-being. We will also compare freeze dried durian with fresh durian and give you some tips on how to incorporate it into your diet. Whether you are a fan of durian or not, you might want to give freeze dried durian a try. You will be amazed with the taste and health benefits of freeze dried durian.
This article is brought to you by FruitBuys Vietnam, a dried fruit factory that specializes in freeze dried durian and other fruits. FruitBuys VIetnam is a professional OEM wholesale supplier and exporter that offers the best price, logistics services, and stable source all year round. If you are interested in buying freeze dried durian or other dried fruits, contact FruitBuys Vietnam today.
II. What is freeze dried durian?
Durian is a tropical fruit that is famous for its strong smell and creamy texture. It is also rich in protein, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. However, durian is not easy to store or transport because it spoils quickly and has a pungent odor that some people find unpleasant.
Freeze dried durian is a way of preserving durian by removing most of its water content through a process called freeze drying or lyophilization. Freeze drying involves freezing the fruit at very low temperatures and then placing it under vacuum to sublimate the ice crystals directly into vapor without melting them first. This way, the fruit retains its original shape, color, flavor and nutrients while becoming lighter, crispier and shelf-stable.
Freeze dried durian differs from other forms of durian such as fresh, frozen, canned or dehydrated in several ways:
- Freeze dried durian has a crunchy texture that can be eaten as a snack or rehydrated with water or milk to restore its softness.
- Freeze dried durian has a milder smell than fresh or frozen durian because the volatile compounds that cause the odor are reduced during freeze drying.
- Freeze dried durian has a longer shelf life than fresh or frozen durian because it does not require refrigeration or freezing and can be stored at room temperature for up to two years.
- Freeze dried durian has a higher nutritional value than canned or dehydrated durian because it does not undergo high temperatures or additives that can degrade some of the vitamins and antioxidants.
Freeze dried durian is a convenient and healthy way of enjoying this exotic fruit without compromising its quality or taste. It can be used as an ingredient for desserts, smoothies, cereals, yogurts or salads. It can also be enjoyed on its own as a delicious treat that satisfies your sweet tooth while providing you with many health benefits.
III. How is freeze dried durian made?
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a distinctive aroma and flavor. Some people love it, some people hate it, but there is no denying that it is a unique and nutritious fruit. However, durian is also highly perishable and difficult to transport and store. That’s why freeze drying durian is a great way to preserve its quality and extend its shelf life.
Freeze drying, also known as lyophilization or sublimation drying, is a process that removes water from food by freezing it and then applying a vacuum to sublimate the ice crystals directly into vapor. This way, the food retains its original shape, color, texture, taste and nutrients.
In this blog post, we will explain the step-by-step process of freeze-drying durian and the equipment and materials needed for this process. We will also share some best practices for optimum results.
Step-by-step process of freeze-drying durian
Step 1: Prepare, select the source of durian for drying
The first step is to choose fresh and ripe durians that have been tested for quality and safety. The durians should be harvested at the right time and transported to the processing facility as soon as possible. This will ensure the freshness of the raw materials and the quality of the freeze dried durian.
Step 2: Wash durian
The next step is to wash the durians with clean water for 4-5 minutes to remove any dirt and foreign objects. The washing should be done gently to avoid damaging the skin or flesh of the fruit.
Step 3: Peel and remove seeds
After washing, the durians are peeled by specialized tools that can cut through the thick and spiky skin without wasting too much pulp. The seeds are also removed from the flesh by hand or machine.
Step 4: Freeze durian with FruitBuys quick freezer
The peeled and seeded durian flesh is then put into a freezing chamber at -40 degrees Celsius. The FruitBuys quick freezer can freeze the fruit quickly in 1-2 hours depending on the size and type of durian. This rapid freezing prevents large ice crystals from forming in the cells of the fruit, which would damage its structure and texture.
Step 5: Slice and shape the durian
The frozen durian flesh is then sliced into thin pieces with a thickness of 1-2 cm. The slicing helps increase the surface area of the fruit for faster drying. The slices can also be shaped into different forms such as cubes or balls according to customer preferences.
Step 6: Sublimation drying durian
The sliced and shaped durian pieces are then placed on trays in a vacuum chamber where they undergo sublimation drying. The vacuum chamber lowers the air pressure around the fruit so that ice can sublimate without melting first. A heating system provides heat energy to accelerate the sublimation process. About 90% of the moisture in the fruit is removed in this stage.
Next comes the secondary drying stage where the temperature is gradually increased to evaporate the residual moisture in the fruit. The moisture content in the raw materials drops to about 1 – 4%, making the freeze dried product completely dry.
Step 7: Pack and label the freeze dried product
The final step is to pack and label the freeze dried product in suitable containers such as bags or boxes. The packaging should be air-tight and moisture-proof to prevent rehydration and spoilage of the product during storage and transportation . Exported products are usually packed with larger sizesand weightsthat can be from10 to 20 kg per unit.
Equipment and materials needed
To make freeze driedduriansyou will need:
- Freshduriansthat have been tested for qualityand safety
- Clean waterfor washingdurians
- Specialized toolsfor peelingand seedingdurians
- FruitBuys quick freezerfor freezingdurians
- Slicerfor slicingand shapingdurians
- Vacuum chamber with heating systemfor sublimation dryingdurians
- Air-tightand moisture-proof containers such as bags or boxes for packingand labelingfreeze dried products
Best practices for optimum results
To ensure that you get high-quality freeze dried products that retain their original flavorand nutrientsyou should follow these best practices:
- Choose freshand ripe fruits that have been harvested at their peak season.
- Washand peel fruits carefully without damaging their skin or flesh.
- Freeze fruits quickly using FruitBuys quick freezer
IV. Nutritional value of freeze dried durian
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a distinctive smell and taste. Some people love it, while others hate it. But regardless of your preference, durian is a nutritious fruit that can provide many health benefits.
However, fresh durian is not always available or convenient to eat. That’s why some people opt for freeze dried durian, which is a process that preserves food by removing 98 percent of its water content. This prevents food from spoiling, while still maintaining most of its flavor, color, texture, and nutritional value.
But how does freeze dried durian compare with fresh durian and other fruits in terms of nutrients? Let’s take a look at some facts and figures.
Breakdown of nutrients found in freeze dried durian
According to one source, pure crispy freeze-dried durian has high nutritional value. It contains high sugar content (13%), starch (11%), protein (3%), and a variety of vitamins, fat, calcium, iron and phosphorus. Those who are weak can eat durian, which can replenish the energy and nutrients the body needs, and achieve the effect of strengthening the body.
Another source provides more detailed information on the nutrition facts of freeze dried durian. According to this source, one pouch (25 g) of freeze dried durian provides 110 calories, 18 g of carbohydrates (6% DV), 2 g of fiber (8% DV), 16 g of sugar (32% DV), 2 g of protein (4% DV), 2 g of fat (3% DV), 0 mg of cholesterol (0% DV), 0 mg of sodium (0% DV), 360 mg of potassium (10% DV), 20 mg of calcium (2% DV), and 1 mg of iron (6% DV).
Comparison with fresh durian and other fruits
How does freeze dried durian stack up against fresh durian and other fruits in terms of nutrients? Here are some points to consider:
- Freeze dried fruits are closer to fresh fruits in terms of nutrients than dehydrated fruits. Dehydrated fruits may lose half of their nutrient content and taste due to heat treatment.
- However, freeze drying also removes water from fruits, which means that per 100 g, freeze-dried fruit can contain more sugar than fresh fruit . For example, fresh strawberries contain 4.9% sugar, but freeze-dried strawberries contain 71% sugar . That’s a sugar content similar to some candies .
- Therefore, freeze dried fruits may have higher calories than fresh fruits per serving size, and may not be suitable for people who need to limit their sugar intake.
- On the other hand, freeze drying also concentrates some nutrients in fruits, such as vitamin C, potassium, and antioxidants . For example, one cup of fresh blueberries provides 14% DV of vitamin C, but one cup of freeze-dried blueberries provides 30% DV of vitamin C.
- Moreover, freeze drying preserves the natural color, flavor, and texture of fruits better than other methods such as canning or freezing . Freeze dried fruits also have a longer shelf life than fresh fruits without needing refrigeration or additives [^10^.
- Therefore, freeze dried fruits may be more convenient and appealing than fresh fruits for some people who want to enjoy their favorite fruits anytime and anywhere.
Importance of freeze drying for preserving nutrients
Freeze drying is an important technique for preserving nutrients in foods because it prevents microbial growth and enzymatic reactions that can degrade food quality over time[^9^. It also minimizes exposure to oxygen, light, heat, moisture, and mechanical stress that can cause nutrient loss or damage during storage or transportation[^9^.
Freeze drying is especially beneficial for preserving nutrients in foods that are sensitive to heat or water loss such as vitamins C , A , E , B1 , B2 , B6 , folate , niacin , pantothenic acid , biotin , choline , carotenoids , flavon
Breakdown of nutrients found in freeze dried durian Comparison with fresh durian and other fruits Importance of freeze drying for preserving nutrients
V. Health benefits of freeze dried durian
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a strong smell and a creamy texture. It is often called the “king of fruits” because of its rich flavor and nutritional value. However, some people may find it hard to enjoy fresh durian because of its short shelf life and limited availability. That’s why freeze drying is a great way to preserve durian and enjoy its benefits anytime.
Freeze drying is a process that removes water from frozen food by turning it into vapor. This prevents the food from spoiling and keeps its original shape, color, texture, and flavor. Freeze drying also preserves most of the nutrients and antioxidants in the food, making it a healthy choice for snacking or cooking.
Freeze dried durian has many health benefits that can improve your well-being. Here are some of them:
- It is rich in fiber. Fiber is important for your digestive health, as it helps prevent constipation, lower cholesterol levels, and regulate blood sugar levels. One cup of chopped freeze dried durian provides about 9 grams of fiber, which is 36% of the daily value (DV) for adults.
- It is a good source of vitamins and minerals. Durian contains many essential vitamins and minerals that your body needs for various functions. Some of them are vitamin C, folate, riboflavin, niacin, copper, potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium . These nutrients can help boost your immune system, support your nervous system, promote red blood cell production, maintain bone health, and more.
- It has low calories. Despite its creamy texture and sweet taste, durian is not very high in calories compared to other fruits. One cup of chopped freeze dried durian has only 357 calories, which is less than 20% of the DV for adults on a 2000-calorie diet. This makes it a good option for weight management or calorie restriction.
- It is fat free. Durian does not contain any fat or cholesterol, which can be beneficial for your heart health and blood pressure. Fat can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular diseases by clogging your arteries and raising your LDL (bad) cholesterol levels. By choosing freeze dried durian over other fatty snacks or desserts, you can lower your fat intake and protect your heart.
- It has no sodium. Sodium is a mineral that helps regulate fluid balance and blood pressure in your body. However, too much sodium can cause water retention, hypertension (high blood pressure), kidney problems, and stroke. The recommended daily limit for sodium intake for adults is 2300 milligrams (mg), but most people consume more than that due to processed foods or added salt. Freeze dried durian has zero sodium, which can help you reduce your sodium intake and prevent these health issues.
- It is a good source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that protect your cells from damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can cause oxidative stress, inflammation, aging, and chronic diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and Alzheimer’s disease. Durian contains various antioxidants such as phenolic compounds, flavonoids, carotenoids, and vitamin C that can help scavenge free radicals and reduce inflammation in your body.
As you can see, freeze dried durian is not only delicious but also nutritious. It can provide you with many health benefits that can improve your quality of life. You can enjoy freeze dried durian as a snack or add it to smoothies, cereals, baked goods, or salads for extra flavor and nutrition.
If you want to try freeze dried durian or other healthy fruits and nuts, you can order them online from Fruitbuys.com. They offer wholesale prices and fast delivery for their high-quality products.
So what are you waiting for? Order some freeze dried durian today and experience its amazing taste and benefits!
Detailed explanation of health benefits Anti-inflammatory properties Potential to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure Boosts immune system and digestion
VI. Culinary uses for freeze dried durian
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a strong smell and a creamy texture. Some people love it, some people hate it, but there is no denying that it is a unique and nutritious fruit. Durian is rich in protein, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants, and has zero cholesterol.
But what if you want to enjoy durian without the smell or the mess? Or what if you want to store durian for a long time without losing its flavor and nutrients? That’s where freeze dried durian comes in.
Freeze dried durian is made by using advanced freeze-drying technology that removes almost all of the moisture from the fresh durian flesh. This process preserves the original sweetness and nutritional value of durian, while making it crunchy and shelf-stable. Freeze dried durian can be eaten as a snack or used as an ingredient in various dishes.
Here are some popular uses for freeze dried durian in cooking and baking:
- Smoothies: You can blend freeze dried durian with water, milk, yogurt or other fruits to make a delicious smoothie. Freeze dried durian powder can also be used for this purpose.
- Cereal: You can add freeze dried durian pieces or powder to your favorite cereal or granola for a tropical twist. You can also mix it with coconut water or yogurt for a creamy treat.
- Ice cream: You can make your own durian ice cream by mixing freeze dried durian with cream, sugar and vanilla extract. You can also use an ice cream maker for a smoother texture.
- Cake: You can bake a cake with freeze dried durian by adding it to your cake batter or frosting. You can also sprinkle some on top of your cake for decoration and extra flavor.
- Cookies: You can make cookies with freeze dried durian by adding it to your cookie dough or as a filling between two cookies. You can also dip your cookies in melted chocolate for a decadent dessert.
- Muffins: You can make muffins with freeze dried durian by adding it to your muffin batter or as a topping on your muffins. You can also mix it with cream cheese for a delicious filling.
- Pancakes: You can make pancakes with freeze dried durian by adding it to your pancake batter or as a topping on your pancakes. You can also drizzle some maple syrup or honey over them for extra sweetness.
- Curry: You can make curry with freeze fried durian by adding it to your curry sauce or as an ingredient in your curry dish. Durian goes well with coconut milk, spices and vegetables such as potatoes, carrots and peas.
- Salad: You can make salad with freeze fried durian by adding it to your salad greens or as an ingredient in your salad dressing. Durian pairs well with nuts, seeds, cheese and fruits such as apples, grapes and oranges.
As you can see, there are many ways to incorporate freeze dried durian into your diet. Whether you want something sweet or savory, crunchy or creamy, hot or cold, there is a recipe idea for you.
So go ahead and try some freeze fried durian today! It might just become your new favorite fruit!
Popular uses in cooking and baking Recipe ideas for incorporating freeze dried durian Sweet and savory dishes
- Freeze Dried Banana
- Freeze Dried Mango
- Freeze Dried Durian
- Freeze Dried Jackfruit
- Freeze Dried Pineapple
- Freeze Dried Dragon Fruit
- Freeze Dried Strawberries
- Freeze Dried Cashew Nuts
VII. How to incorporate freeze dried durian into your diet
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a distinctive smell and taste. Some people love it, while others can’t stand it. But did you know that durian is also one of the most nutritious fruits in the world? It’s rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can benefit your health in many ways.
However, fresh or frozen durian may not be easily available or affordable for everyone. That’s why freeze dried durian is a great alternative. Freeze drying is a process that removes water from food by sublimation, which preserves its nutrients and flavor without adding any preservatives or additives.
Freeze dried durian can be enjoyed as a snack or added to various dishes to enhance their taste and nutrition. Here are some tips for including freeze dried durian in your diet:
- Snack on it: Freeze dried durian is crunchy and sweet, making it a satisfying snack that can curb your hunger and cravings. You can eat it plain or mix it with other nuts and dried fruits for a trail mix.
- Add it to smoothies: Freeze dried durian can add creaminess and sweetness to your smoothies without adding extra calories or sugar. Just blend it with your favorite fruits, milk, yogurt, or ice for a refreshing drink.
- Sprinkle it on oatmeal: Freeze dried durian can make your oatmeal more delicious and nutritious. Just sprinkle some on top of your cooked oats along with some cinnamon, honey, or nuts for a hearty breakfast.
- Bake with it: Freeze dried durian can be used as an ingredient in baking recipes such as muffins, cakes, cookies, or breads. It can add moisture and flavor to your baked goods without affecting their texture or appearance.
- Make ice cream with it: Freeze dried durian can be used to make homemade ice cream that is dairy-free and vegan-friendly. Just blend some with coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt until smooth and creamy. Then freeze it in an ice cream maker or a freezer-safe container until firm.
As you can see, freeze dried durian is versatile and easy to use in various ways. However, you should also be mindful of how much you consume as it still contains calories and natural sugars. According to the USDA, one cup of chopped fresh or frozen durian (243g) provides 357 calories. Therefore, you should limit your intake of freeze dried durian to about 1/4 cup per day , which is equivalent to one serving of fruit.
Freeze dried durian is a delicious way to enjoy the benefits of this exotic fruit without compromising its quality or freshness. Try incorporating it into your diet today and see how it can improve your health and happiness!
VIII. Potential side effects of consuming freeze dried durian
Durian is a tropical fruit that is known for its strong smell and creamy texture. Some people love it, while others hate it. But what about freeze dried durian? This is a product that preserves the flavor and nutrients of durian by removing most of its water content through a process of freezing and vacuuming. Freeze dried durian can be eaten as a snack, added to desserts, or used as an ingredient in recipes. But are there any potential side effects of consuming this exotic delicacy?
Explanation of potential risks
Like any food, freeze dried durian may pose some risks to certain individuals or if consumed in excess. Here are some of the possible side effects that you should be aware of before indulging in this treat.
Allergies and sensitivities
Some people may be allergic or sensitive to durian or its components. Symptoms may include itching, swelling, hives, rashes, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, difficulty breathing, or anaphylaxis. If you have a history of food allergies or intolerances, you should consult your doctor before trying freeze dried durian. You should also avoid it if you are allergic to latex, as durian contains latex-like substances that may cross-react with latex allergy.
Overconsumption and digestive issues
Durian is rich in fiber, sugar, and sulfur compounds that may cause some digestive discomfort if eaten too much or too fast. These include bloating, gas, flatulence, indigestion, heartburn, constipation, or diarrhea. Freeze dried durian may have a similar effect due to its concentrated flavor and nutrients. Therefore, it is advisable to eat freeze dried durian in moderation and chew it well before swallowing. You should also drink plenty of water to help digest it and prevent dehydration.
Freeze dried durian is a novel way to enjoy the taste and benefits of this tropical fruit. However, like any food product, it may not suit everyone’s preferences or health conditions. Therefore, it is important to be informed about the potential side effects of consuming freeze dried durian and take precautions accordingly.
Explanation of potential risks Allergies and sensitivities Overconsumption and digestive issues
IX. Freeze dried durian vs fresh durian
Durian is a tropical fruit that has a distinctive smell and taste. Some people love it, while others hate it. But what are the differences between freeze dried durian and fresh durian? How do they compare in terms of nutritional value and health benefits? And which one is better for different purposes? In this blog post, we will try to answer these questions.
Comparison of nutritional value and health benefits
According to Verywell Fit, one cup of chopped fresh or frozen durian (243g) provides 357 calories, 3.6g of protein, 66g of carbohydrates, and 13g of fat. Durian is a great source of potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin C, and folate. It also contains other vitamins and minerals such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, iron, zinc, copper, manganese and selenium. Durian has many health benefits such as:
- Improving digestion and preventing constipation due to its high fiber content.
- Boosting immunity and fighting infections due to its high vitamin C content.
- Supporting bone health and preventing osteoporosis due to its high phosphorus and magnesium content.
- Promoting blood circulation and preventing anemia due to its iron content.
- Enhancing mood and cognitive function due to its thiamin content.
Freeze dried durian is a processed form of durian that removes most of the water content by freezing and then sublimating it under low pressure. This preserves the flavor, texture, color and aroma of the fruit without adding any preservatives or additives. According to Eat This Much, one pouch (25g) of freeze dried durian provides 110 calories, 0.5g of protein, 25g of carbohydrates, and 2g of fat. Freeze dried durian retains most of the nutrients found in fresh durian except for vitamin C which is lost during the drying process. Freeze dried durian also has some health benefits such as:
- Providing a convenient snack that can be stored for a long time without refrigeration.
- Offering a low-fat alternative to fresh durian that still satisfies the craving for its unique flavor.
- Reducing food waste by utilizing surplus or overripe fruits that would otherwise be discarded.
Pros and cons of each form
Both freeze dried durian and fresh durian have their own advantages and disadvantages depending on your preferences and needs.
Some pros of freeze dried durian are:
- It has a longer shelf life than fresh durian which can spoil quickly especially in warm climates.
- It is easier to transport and store than fresh durian which can be bulky and heavy.
- It does not have a strong odor like fresh durian which can be offensive to some people or places.
- It can be rehydrated with water or milk to make smoothies or desserts.
Some cons of freeze dried durian are:
- It is more expensive than fresh durian due to the cost of processing and packaging.
- It loses some nutrients especially vitamin C during the drying process which reduces its antioxidant potential.
- It may contain added sugar or salt depending on the brand which can increase its calorie count.
Some pros of fresh durian are:
- It has a richer flavor and texture than freeze dried durians which may appeal to some palates.
- It has more nutrients especially vitamin C than freeze dried durians which enhances its health benefits.
- It can be eaten raw or cooked in various dishes such as curries or cakes.
Some cons of fresh durians are:
- They have a short shelf life which requires proper storage and handling to prevent spoilage or contamination.
- They are difficult to transport and store due to their large size and weight.
- They have a pungent odor that can linger on clothes or furniture even after eating them.
Which is better for different purposes?
The choice between freeze dried durians and fresh durians depends on your personal taste preferences as well as your intended use for them.
If you want a snack that you can enjoy anytime anywhere without worrying about spoilage or smell then freeze dried durians may
Comparison of nutritional value and health benefits Pros and cons of each form Which is better for different purposes
In conclusion, freeze dried durian is a delicious and nutritious snack that can satisfy your cravings for something sweet and exotic. Freeze dried durian preserves the natural flavor and aroma of fresh durian, while also making it easier to store and transport. Freeze dried durian is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that can benefit your health in many ways .
If you are looking for a high-quality freeze dried fruit supplier that offers a variety of products, packaging options, and services, look no further than FruitBuys Vietnam. FruitBuys Vietnam uses modern drying technologies to produce freeze dried fruit that is non-GMO, sugar-free, unsulfured, and preservative-free. FruitBuys Vietnam also offers wholesale options for dehydrated fruit snacks no sugar added and healthy snacks that can suit different dietary needs. Whether you want to enjoy freeze dried durian as a snack by itself or add it to your smoothies, cereals, desserts, or salads, you can find it at FruitBuys Vietnam. Contact them today to get your free samples and start your order!
1. What is freeze dried durian?
Freeze dried durian is durian that has been frozen at very low temperatures and then placed under vacuum to sublimate the ice crystals directly into vapor without melting them first. This way, the fruit retains its original shape, color, flavor and nutrients while becoming lighter, crispier and shelf-stable¹.
2. What are the benefits of freeze dried durian?
Freeze dried durian has several benefits compared to other forms of durian such as fresh, frozen, canned or dehydrated. Some of these benefits are:
- It has a crunchy texture that can be eaten as a snack or rehydrated with water or milk to restore its softness.
- It has a milder smell than fresh or frozen durian because the volatile compounds that cause the odor are reduced during freeze drying.
- It has a longer shelf life than fresh or frozen durian because it does not require refrigeration or freezing and can be stored at room temperature for up to two years.
- It has a higher nutritional value than canned or dehydrated durian because it does not undergo high temperatures or additives that can degrade some of the vitamins and antioxidants¹.
3. How is freeze dried durian made?
Freeze dried durian is made by following these steps:
- Choose fresh and ripe durians that have been tested for quality and safety.
- Wash the durians with clean water for 4-5 minutes to remove any dirt and foreign objects.
- Peel and remove seeds from the flesh by hand or machine.
- Freeze the flesh with a quick freezer at -40 degrees Celsius for 1-2 hours depending on the size and type of durian²⁴.
- Slice and shape the frozen flesh into thin pieces with a thickness of 1-2 cm according to customer preferences⁴.
- Place the sliced pieces on trays in a vacuum chamber where they undergo sublimation drying at low pressure and heat energy⁴.
- Pack and label the freeze dried product in air-tight and moisture-proof containers such as bags or boxes⁴.
4. What is the nutritional value of freeze dried durian?
Freeze dried durian is rich in protein, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants. According to one source³, 100 grams of freeze drieddurianscontain:
Calories: 520 kcal Protein: 6 g Fat: 32 g Carbohydrates: 58 g Fiber: 9 g Vitamin C: 80 mg Potassium: 1056 mg Magnesium: 120 mg Calcium: 40 mg Iron: 3 mg
5. What are the health benefits of freeze drieddurians?
Freeze drieddurianshave many health benefits due to their high content of nutrientsand antioxidants.Someof these benefitsare:
- They can boost your immune systemand prevent infections due to their vitamin C content³.
- They can improve your digestionand prevent constipation due to their fiber content³.
- They can lower your blood pressureand reduce your riskof cardiovascular diseases due to their potassium content³.
- They can enhance your bone healthand prevent osteoporosis due to their calciumand magnesium content³.
- They can increase your energy levelsand metabolism due to their proteinand iron content³.
6. How does freeze dried durian compare to fresh durian?
How does freeze dried durian compare to fresh durian? Freeze dried durian has a crunchy texture, a milder smell, a longer shelf life, and a higher nutritional value than fresh durian. It also does not require refrigeration or freezing and can be stored at room temperature for up to two years.
7. What are some culinary uses for freeze dried durian?
Freeze dried durian can be used as an ingredient for desserts, smoothies, cereals, yogurts or salads. It can also be eaten as a snack or rehydrated with water or milk to restore its softness.
8. How can I incorporate freeze dried durian into my diet?
You can incorporate freeze dried durian into your diet by adding it to your breakfast, lunch or dinner recipes. You can also enjoy it as a treat between meals or before bedtime. Freeze dried durian can help you satisfy your sweet tooth while providing you with many health benefits such as protein, vitamins, fiber and antioxidants.
9. Are there any potential side effects of consuming freeze dried durian?
Freeze dried durian is generally safe to consume for most people. However, some people may experience allergic reactions, digestive problems or headaches if they consume too much or are sensitive to the fruit. It is advisable to consult your doctor before consuming freeze dried durian if you have any medical conditions or allergies.
10. Can pregnant women consume freeze dried durian?
There is no conclusive evidence that freeze dried durian is harmful for pregnant women. However, some studies suggest that eating too much fresh or frozen durian may increase blood pressure, blood sugar levels or body temperature in pregnant women. Therefore, it may be wise to limit your intake of freeze dried durian during pregnancy and consult your doctor if you have any concerns.
- Mobile / WhatsApp: (84) 919 739 589 (Udo Nguyen)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 10/2 Ky Con, Phu Nhuan, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam – 700000
- Website: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Pinterest: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Fanpage: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Instagram: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Youtube: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Linkedin: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Alibaba Store: Fruitbuys Vietnam
- Etsy Store: FruitBuys Vietnam
- Ebay Store: FruitBuys Vietnam