Sapodilla: 7 Amazing Benefits of This Exotic Fruit You Need to Know
– Sapodilla is a sweet and nutritious fruit that grows on the Manilkara zapota tree, native to Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.
– Sapodilla is rich in fiber, vitamin C, copper, iron, potassium, folate, and pantothenic acid. It also contains various plant compounds with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
– Sapodilla may benefit your health by supporting your digestive system, immune system, skin health, blood sugar control, and bone health.
– Sapodilla can be eaten raw when ripe or used to make drinks and baked goods. It has brown, rough skin and yellow to light brown flesh with a soft to slightly gritty texture.
– Sapodilla is also known by many other names around the world, such as naseberry, chicku, chickozapote, sapotillier, dilly, and more.
– Sapodilla is not only valued for its fruit but also for its latex, which is used to make chicle, a natural chewing gum. The latex can also be used as a glue or adhesive.
– Sapodilla is easy to grow in tropical and subtropical climates. It can be propagated by seeds or grafting and requires regular watering and pruning. Sapodilla trees are resistant to most pests and diseases but may be affected by fungal infections or nematodes.